Are you concerned about the degradation of our marine environment? Conservation is all about shifting people’s expectations, attitudes, behaviours and beliefs. At LegaSea, we’re leading the charge and we’re looking for a Digital Comms Supernova with a major sprinkling of website and CRM management experience. A passion for our marine environment is vital. We are not asking for much aye? However, the future of our marine environment’s health depends on it.
Here is your chance. LegaSea is a tight team dedicated to helping people better understand how they can contribute to achieving restored abundance to our coastal marine environment. We need a motivated, talented, passionate and dedicated IT individual to help us achieve our goal of a healthier more abundant inshore fishery. We are on the cusp of change.
LegaSea have established a number of projects which help people minimise their impact on the marine environment. These are FishCare – the school of best practice, The Kai Ika Project– full utilisation of fish which benefits local communities and Hiwi the Kiwi– a fantastic primary school education programme which tours around the country.
There is power in numbers and right now we need everyone onboard. We need to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones. To be effective, our digital communication channels are critical to our success.
- Improvement and maintenance of all platforms including numerous WordPress websites, our CRM database and social media channels, coupled with reasonable knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Have a good handle on Microsoft databases and SQL queries.
- High-quality reporting and communication skills, both verbal and written are equally vital.
- Make good recommendations based on data collected from Google analytics, social media and other digital channels.
- Manage payment gateways and donate platforms, namely Paystation, Stripe and/or or Paypal.
- Be able to generate value from social media channels, specifically Facebook using the business center to launch and present ads, reporting on outcomes.
- Know how to manage email platforms, cPanel and Outlook. Office 365 would be an advantage.
Some of what we are looking for:
- Demonstrable creative initiative.
- Reliably punctual.
- An elevated level of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent organisation and personal discipline.
- Immaculate attention to detail.
- We are building unity through humility and generosity around the country. You will derive tremendous satisfaction from witnessing the impact of your generous sharing of IT and Digital expertise.
Tertiary qualifications in digital marketing, communications, IT or a related field, in addition to 3 years experience in a similar role with be highly regarded.
Some travel around New Zealand is required, as is a commitment to work flexible hours.
We are a cause related organisation and therefore to be successful and happy in the role you must be able to embrace the cause with the passion and culture that comes with leading change.
Take some time to research LegaSea – www.legasea.co.nz. If our passion fits with your values the please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter, explaining why you believe you’re the right person for the role.
This is an open ended contractor role, so you must be comfortable being your own boss. You would be responsible for LegaSea’s IT infrastructure. Typical hours for the role are Monday to Friday, 8am – 5.30pm, but as is usual, there may be occasions where you are required to work outside these hours.
Location, Newmarket Auckland. Some travel may be required.
Applications close 12th April 2019.
No agencies thanks.